Oct 17, 2012

I'll just do absolutely nothing for the next couple days.

I've been working a lot recently. I worked two weeks ago (the 3rd) at DSST, Friday the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th all at the rec center, then I also worked the 9th and 10th at DSST. I worked both of them on the 12th, and then at the rec center again on the 13th, 14th, and 15th. And then I worked yesterday, the 16th, at DSST. It's been a lot of fun, but for the past two weeks, I've only had the 4th and 11th off.

My schedule is 100% set at DSST. I always work Tues, Wed, and Fri. And it's generally set at the rec center for Sat, Sun, Mon, and every other Fri. But for the rest of Oct, I have a couple extra days here and there that really fill in the gaps. And this is totally fine with me. I really like my job. But though I'd rather be working than sitting around doing nothing, it's a little draining on the days when I have to work both at DSST and at PDRC.

But for some reason which I do not know, I didn't have to teach at DSST today. They didn't have electives at all, and so I have today completely off, as well as tomorrow. It's been nice to just sit here without having to do anything. And I look forward to the day when I don't have to teach at DSST anymore. It's certainly not terrible there, but I don't love it. And it's kinda far away. And I don't really get paid a lot. The amount I get paid barely covers gas for everywhere I have to drive.

Anyway, that was just a little explanation of how much I've been working lately. So I was sitting here, thinking about where I'm working for the next couple weeks, and I remember that this is the week that I signed up for a ton of shifts... After my nice little two-day vacation here, I'll work Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed. And, of those twelve days, four of them are at both jobs. Haha. It was a slightly horrifying realization, but I'm also kinda excited about it.

Thankfully, in one month from today, I will be completely done teaching at DSST. :) And then I can totally handle the more full work load at PDRC!
Heh... until I get another job. But that will be exciting, because hopefully it will be more permanent and closer.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Yowza...

Berserk said...

Aren't days off great? :)