Sep 27, 2012

Maybe I'm a bit of an attention whore?

Actually, if someone's only a bit of a whore, then are they really a whore? I don't think so... What would you call them? A tease? I'm a bit of an attention tease? That just doesn't sound like it works... I'll have to ponder.

Anyway, the reason I say this, is because I really thrive on comments and likes. I find that when I post pictures on facebook, I wait a while to see if anyone will like them or comment on them. And then, if no one does, I delete it. Haha. Unless I really liked it. Like one of my profile pictures is of me and Mark from markreads.net and markwatches.net. He's awesome and I love that picture, so I'll keep it forever. But there's been plenty of profile pictures and now cover pictures that didn't make the cut, and I delete them and pretend like they never existed. Usually I wait at least a year for pictures, but occasionally as little as 4 months. For statuses, I usually don't delete them, but if I ever find myself on a friend's facebook, I'll go over and like my status from their page. Haha.

And with my blogs, I don't delete them if they haven't had any comments, but I find that I'll put off writing more posts until someone comments on them (btw, for my one or two friends who read this blog but don't have their own blogger account, you can still comment, too, if you ever feel the urge). I'll usually wait at least a couple weeks before posting something new if no one's commented.

Apparently I don't put these things up because I like to document my life. I do it solely for the attention of others and their comments. Haha. I guess if I like getting comments so much, I should make it more of a habit to comment on other blogs.

As a completely random aside, I'd like to point out that every paragraph in this post has started with an a, and each word has been different. That started out as just coincidence, but I made sure to keep it up. Haha. I actually had to go back and add a word to the beginning of my first paragraph to make it work out. But I had two extra paragraphs that started with additional a-words, but I decided to take them out because it made this post far too ramble-y.

Awesome. I'm awesome. In case anyone was confused. Not lame, but awesome.

6 comments:

Susie said...

definitely not lame. But I don't know how culver's got almost two stars.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog all the time and every time, please keep going! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey look, a comment =)
You do rock even if you don't have a bunch of songs named after you.

Samara said...

Maybe we had Culver's on a particularly good day? Ally said hers was really good...

Two anonymouses? That's tricky...
Thanks, random first person. Glad you enjoy the read.

And thanks, Sara :) haha.

Berserk said...

Comment moderation? Even after I prove I'm not a robot? That's not a very attention tease-ish thing to do.

Samara said...

I have a captcha thing to fill out? Hm. Good to know. (Also, the comment moderation is only for blogs that are 2+ weeks old. :) But thanks!)