Nov 20, 2011

It's a DLSASTER. It's an incredible MBSS.

You know how people in America get shirts or necklaces or tattoos or whatever of Chinese characters? And then they think they're all cool because they have something in Chinese, and it probably says something awesome?

Well the reverse is true in China. There's English everywhere, especially on shirts. And you know how, when you see those Chinese characters, you think, "I bet that actually says something really stupid"? Well, I've found that with the English, it usually either doesn't say anything (ehkdijflsldk), or it does say something, but has a typo.
For example, we were on the sky train the other day, and there was a guy wearing a shirt that said something about needing a green environment and then said on the back, regarding the current environment, "IT'S A DLSASTER." Aside from that, it was a totally normal shirt that I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone in America wear.
So I'm pretty sure that when shirt companies look at a batch of shirts, and find there's a typo on it, they think, "Oh no. It's a dlsaster. Let's just send it to Chlna. They'll never know."
And probably most of them won't ever know.

2 comments:

MJ said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And now I'll REALLY never get a tattoo in chinese....

My word verification is "moningsh". I imagine that is how Sean Connery pronounces "mornings". :)

Susie said...

I wonder then, if those shirts with the chinese characters are just typos that Chinese people wouldn't be caught dead in?