Sep 2, 2011

Skype

Turns out, I don't know how Skype works. I barely know my user name. I don't even think I know my password, although it wouldn't be hard to get it emailed to me again. I went to their website and everything, but since I'm in China, I can only find their Chinese website. Which wants me to pay to Skype. And I'm not interested in doing that, at all.

But I do know how google works. And if you were planning on Skyping with me, it would be infinitely easier for me if you wanted to google video with me. My most available times are weekdays between 10 pm and like 3 am MST. Or also weeknights between like 7 am and 10 am.

I am aware, btw, that I just used the term weekday to describe the middle of the night and weeknight to describe early in the morning, but that's how it is in China, so.

If you can't google video with me, and you can only skype with me, then I'll try to look at skype again, but it just confused me and made me mad :( Dislike. Google is always better. Haha.



***UPDATE: I have figured out how Skype works. And it might cut out less than Google Chat does. So, hit me up if you want to test oout my new Skype abilities with me :) ***

6 comments:

MJ said...

Hey!!!! I want pictures, so when you get them uploaded, send a couple!! The kids would LOVE that, just make sure you're actually in a few of them, lol, or they'll be like, whatever, Mom, that's not Samara, lol.

So glad you're having fun!! I'll make sure to upload some pics to Google+, too.

Shinobi said...

I guess this is a little late, but Welcome to China!

TheWizard said...

We've got google video kind of set up... we'll have to see how it works.

Samara said...

MJ, I will send you some pictures as soon as I take some that have me in them :)

Shinobi- Thanks! You're only a week late, and even less if you consider Hong Kong not part of China.

Wizard. If you were online now we could test it out. I mean, where are you. It's only 8 pm on a Friday night. You can't possibly be asleep...

Susie said...

We're online whenever you are... on mom's gmail account..

Susie said...

Getting so sleepy waiting for you...