Oct 26, 2012

Random Rudeness.

Over the summer, the city was doing some roadwork over by Shadow Ridge Middle School (they're making a tunnel that goes under Holly for the students) and so they had Holly blocked off between 128th and 120th. It's not a big deal, especially now that Holly isn't blocked off anymore, but the construction and lack-of-through-traffic has messed with that light.

I don't know what's wrong with it, but when I'm facing north, waiting to turn left, it never senses my car. I never get a green arrow. Ever. At least, not in my car. If we take someone else's car, it's usually not a problem. But this didn't used to be a problem at all! I've literally sat at that light for 3 cycles before without it giving me an arrow-- without it even turning green for northbound traffic. It gives east/west traffic their turn arrows, then they get their green lights, then it gives southbound traffic a green arrow and green light at the same time, then back to east/west traffic. I would be lying if I said I hadn't ran that light in the past couple months. Rarely, though. haha.

Anyway, that that's the street I take to and from work. I don't have this problem coming home. Especially since on the way home, I turn right so I don't need a green light. But sometimes, especially after it gets dark, as I come up on this light, there will be a green arrow for the people who were going north and are now turning left. Not a problem, except there are no cars in the turn lane and haven't been for several minutes as far as I can tell.

It's like the light is taunting me, saying, "Oh hey, look what I can do. Yeah. I do it all the time. Just never for you." It's rude. And this is the only light I have this problem at. Every other light that I stop at turns green for me when it's my turn. Just not this one, and only when I'm trying to turn west. Rude.

3 comments:

Susie said...

It's like it's ALIVE!!!

Berserk said...

There are a few specific lights that I'm convinced have it in for me.

Shinobi said...

I hate when lights do that!