Oct 19, 2012

Learn to climb: Check. Buy gear: check. Learn to snowboard: ...

So I really want to learn how to snowboard. I know Chaelomen's been once (not that I'm trying to ask him to teach me), and I was curious if anyone knows the logistics of this.

I would need to rent a snowboard and such, but I have snow pants, and if I can save up enough money, I would probably buy my own jacket. I'm currently looking at them on rei.com haha.

But really what I wonder about most is how does one learn? I assume that classes exist somewhere that would teach me the basics. But where? I searched everywhere for them on rei.com, which is actually how I found the trips that they offer. On some of the trips-- particularly a few in Chile that I saw-- they have the option to go snowboarding, which is cool and everything if you know how to snowboard already. Which is not a skill I can currently say I have.

Do they have classes at the actual resorts? Should I just find someone who knows how to snowboard already and see if they love me enough to teach me? Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to rent gear and take a class? Does anyone have suggestions for which resorts to check out?


:D Snowboarding!!

No comments: