Oct 8, 2012

Never forget.

For the first time in over 5 months (because that's when I changed it), I just started typing in crawlslikeaworm instead of likespiderwebs. Haha. My bad. Old habits die hard?

Anyway, I just have some awesome pictures I wanted to post. Pictures are usually fun, right?


This is Jack, my dog. I'm sure most of everyone has seen him by now, but look at how cute he is! And I just got these pictures put onto my computer from my camera a couple weeks ago.


A couple months ago, my friend Mark from markreads.net and markwatches.net came to Denver! It was so exciting. I went to go see him, as did about 15 other people from Colorado. We asked him questions and hung out for a while. He read some terrible stories. It was cool, he's pretty awesome.



And he signed this shirt that I'm wearing in this picture! It says, "Hayley said HI to me once!" or something very much like that. I don't recall exactly what. He was cool though, and it was exciting to get to see him in real life. I love reading his reviews, so. And it's actually because of him that I finally read Good Omens, too. Which was a pretty awesome book.


Hahaha. Poor dinosaurs.


And we owe them so much! Poor things.


These are some of my kids! Tony sent me a picture (they're all wearing make up here, btw) from their last performance for the year. I miss them so much. Today at work, Melissa was talking about giving the stickers to the kids in our climbing classes as positive reinforcement, and it reminded me of these star charts we made for our kids in China. If they had enough stars, they'd get a sticker at the end of the class, which they all loved so much. But then, randomly, they would take the stickers we gave them, and give them back to us. Haha. Like, they wanted us to wear their stickers instead. It was funny.
Anyway, the kids in this picture, from left to right, are Peter, William, I think Davey (who wasn't actually in our classes when I was there, but was really interested in the program and I loved him anyway), Max, John, Dave, Jack, and Tony. They're all awesome, and I miss them a lot. It doesn't help that one of the girls who taught in Xiaolan went back to China to visit and got to see a bunch of her kids again. :( Someday I will have saved up enough to be able to visit Nanlang again.


This is the full quote of my blog title. I think I've talked about it before, when I was talking about my physics class.


Ha. So I saw this, and it made me sad because someday, I bet my kids will ask me about that phrase. And when I'll explain it, they'll look at me like I'm crazy and possibly lying to them (I know this because I've given this look to my parents before), and then I'll feel old. Haha.


Ha. I'm considering eating something right now, actually. I'm kinda hungry. But it's almost 1 in the morning, so maybe I should just go to sleep or something. We'll see.

So there's some awesome pictures. I feel like it's been too long since I've blogged about anything, but my life recently has been nothing but rock climbing and working. I'll post about our latest burger-rating adventure tomorrow, probably, though.

4 comments:

Shinobi said...

I didn't know Jack could talk on the phone!! that's an awesome trick!

Susie said...

He's an awesome dog. :)

Bridget, I think your kids miss you too.

Berserk said...

NEVER FORGET 12/21/65000000 bce!

LOL

Samara said...

I know, David, he's really talented :) Haha.

Thanks, I kinda hope they miss me. REI has a trip to southern China, and if they would let me ditch out for a day or a couple hours and go see my friends in Nanlang, I think it might be the next trip I take. If not, then I'll just stick with somewhere in South America or Australia. Then Antarctica after that! :)

Haha, I think that's my favorite picture, Jason.