Oct 30, 2012

H Burger: 4.25 stars

H|Burger CO

Apparently this is a sit down restaurant. With loud music/atmosphere, and zombies galore (though that was just from the Crawl). But we're not digging what they showed on the TV. And there is way too much bun for my burger. But the side-dish sauce was so delicious, it made me drool.

Alright. So I used to always drive past this place on the bus to/from school. There were so many hints that this was a sit down restaurant, yet for some reason we didn't really get it until we got there. Sara looked up the menu the day before, and we found that it was a bit pricier (hint #1). You can get vanilla added to any drink for only 50 cents extra (hint #2). And there are a bunch of tables just outside the restaurant, fenced in (hint #3). I'm just not really sure how we missed that. We're awesome. Since it's a sit-down restaurant, though, we decided to get two different kinds of delicious-sounding sandwiches, and then split them in half. Sara got the H Burger (green chilies, bacon, awesome things), and I got the Colorado Burger (lamb burger with feta and some sort of fancy mayonnaise sauce). They each came with fries and this really delicious fry-dipping sauce.

H Burger on the left, Colorado Burger on the right. 

H Burger
Freshness: 10, 10
Juiciness: 10, 10
Deliciousness: 10, 9
[Bun-soakage: 2, 3]
Flavor-awesomeness: 10, 10
Uniqueness: 10, 10
Condiment-ratio: 10, 9
[Greasiness: 2, 1]
Appearance: 10, 9
Side-dish deliciousness: 6, 6
Side-dish uniqueness: 8, 8
Price: 4, 5
Fullness-level: 10, 10
[Messiness: 4, 4]

Colorado Burger
Freshness: 10, 10
Juiciness: 10, 10
Deliciousness: 10, 10
[Bun-soakage: 1, 1]
Flavor-awesomeness: 10, 9
Uniqueness: same score
Condiment-ratio: 10, 10
[Greasiness: 1, 1]
Appearance: same score
Side-dish deliciousness: same score
Side-dish uniqueness: same score
Price: same score
Fullness-level: same score
[Messiness: 2, 2]



Haha. Here's Sara's first bite of... I think the Colorado Burger. Sorry these are so blurry, we were trying to be more discrete since this is a sit down restaurant, so we turned off the flash and it messed with the pictures a little bit.


This is my first bite of the H Burger? I'm not sure. Whatever it was, it was messy.


Sara's first bite of the other burger.


My first bite of the second burger.

So we all get down to H Burger, and we're surprised to find that it's a sit down restaurant. They were pretty busy (Zombie Crawl and all), but we still had acceptable service, and the food was really good. We ordered and it got out to us pretty quick. Sara and I split up our food, and feasted. I personally liked the Colorado Burger more. I didn't really expect the green chilies that were on the H Burger to be sweet. It was still really good and everything, but I was in more of a savory mood that day. The menu was really unique, though, and everything sounded really good. Ally got a Bacon Egg and Cheese Burger. It looked awesome. I particularly like fried eggs on my burgers. Best breakfast to ever exist. They had some really unique side dishes, too. They were mostly different types of fries that we were tempted to get, but they costed an addition 4-6 bucks, and our food already came with a side of fries. I guess we could have subbed something, though. Maybe next time.

We had troubles deciding on how to rate the deliciousness of the side dish, actually. Our fries came with a dipping sauce, and that was seriously the most delicious dipping sauce I've ever had. I literally drooled when I thought about eating it. (Not just now, back at the restaurant.) But the fries themselves were not that amazing. They were alright, still, but not the best fries I've ever had. But are we supposed to give it a low score just based on the fries, or a high score because it came with delicious dipping sauce? I mean, they intended for us to use the dipping sauce. But when we get normal fries, we don't give them a higher rating if they taste better with ketchup. But this sauce is different than ketchup-- it's fancier (heh. What isn't?). We ended up using the score between what we would have given the fries alone and the fries with the sauce.

It was a good place. Pretty loud, we couldn't really keep up a good conversation without shouting a little, but there was interesting stuff on the walls. They had some weird operation on baby's eyes and cleft palates showing on one of the TV channels, which was not appetizing. But they had regular sports and news playing on the other TV channels. It was fun, and really delicious.

Adding up all the scores we gave everything, the average rating for H|Burger comes to 8.4 from Sara and 8.5 from me, making a total of 4.25 stars, but I don't want to make a new picture, so:

6 comments:

Susie said...

I really, REALLY want to know what that sauce was.

Samara said...

Haha I wish I could tell you. I have no idea, though. But it was fantastic.

Berserk said...

The restaurant sounds good, but operations on TV while you eat? That might be a deal breaker for me.

Fried eggs on burgers are pretty tasty, though.

Samara said...

Right? It was so weird. Thankfully I was sitting behind a pillar and couldn't see it :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention why price got such a low rating. It's because it was so expensive. The burgers were all at least $12, and though it was really good, that's still really expensive, even for a sit-down restaurant.

Berserk said...

Yikes!

I went to the Paramount Cafe on 16th St not too long ago. They had a volcano burger that was decent. And the price was much friendlier than that...

But it wasn't specifically a burger place, so I guess it's off topic. But you should try it sometime anyway.

Samara said...

We might, after we finish all the burger places, start going around to like Chili's and Applebee's and other places to try their burgers. I mean, just because they aren't burger joints doesn't mean they might not have the best burger around. :) So I'll definitely keep Paramount Cafe in mind.