Jul 26, 2012

Alright, Casey...

Today I took my calc final. I think it went pretty well, and I am really excited to now take some time off of school. Writing, piano-playing, reading, and working. It will be a wonderful time. :) I'm excited.

But, more importantly than not having class for a while, you know what today signifies? The last of my criteria for "how long two is months" being checked off. Down to the second.

That means that The Dark Knight Rises already came out, as we are all fully aware, thanks to a certain crazy person (though the movie was way awesome. I loved it, and highly recommend it, just as I highly recommended The Dark Knight). The Amazing Spiderman has already come out, also (I haven't seen it, but I hear it's way better than the set with Toby McGuire). Venus has transited the sun, for the second and last time this century, and thanks to Chaelomen and MJ's fancy glasses, I got to witness it. I have both started and finished my summer class. Hurricane season started sometime last month, I do believe, in the Atlantic. Not one, but TWO of the girls I graduated with have gotten married (at least two. One of them is my best friend, and she actually eloped). I now have a dog, his name is Jack, he's part American Eskimo, part Pomeranian, and I love him. I will have to post pictures soon. AND my cousin has been living in Italy for just under a month, now (he loves it, btw).

Furthermore, it has been 9 weeks, 63 days, 1512 hours, 90720 seconds at least since I got an email telling me I'd know in about two months if I was accepted to go back to China. It has been two months.

Now, I'm usually a pretty patient person. But this is really important to me. I really want to go back. I'm really excited by this possibility of returning. We've already got some nice new luggage that will *knock on wood* last me longer than the trip to get there one way. I've already started planning what kind of things I want to do with the girls-- where I take them, what kind of food we'll eat. I already have a loose plan of what I'm packing in my head. I've already vowed to take more picture, more videos, and blog about our experiences in China no less than once a week.

I'm excited.

But I'm also worried that I won't get the opportunity to go back (I know it's a minor possibility, but I enjoy beating the odds, so the fact that I might not is killing me) and I'm also worried that Casey will decide I can go back, then send me to a different school. Which wouldn't be the end of the world, and I would have so much fun at my new school. Really, I would. And I would consider myself lucky for being able to be there. But I really would love to see my kids again.
Come on, Casey... Time to tell me I can go back to Nanlang!... I'll just be waiting here, checking my email twice a day, waiting for your reply... Thanks...

2 comments:

Susie said...

Can you call them?

Mom (the patient one...)

Samara said...

I could, but it might not do anything. It's not like they forgot about me, Casey just hasn't assigned everyone everywhere yet.