May 24, 2012

Wait. How long?

In two months...
The Dark Knight Rises will already have come out.
As well as The Amazing Spiderman.
Venus will have transited the sun for the 2nd and last time this century.
I'll not only have started my summer class, but also finished it.
Hurricane season will have started in the Atlantic.
One of the girls I graduated with will have gotten married.
A friend's family friend will have given me at least one, maybe both, of her dogs.
My cousin will be living in Italy.

All of this will have already happened. So many important things will have changed. Let's look at this from a different perspective.

2 months. 9 weeks. 63 days. 1,512 hours. 90,720 minutes.

Such a long, long time. Now that we properly understand this length of time, let me tell you why it's important.

About three weeks ago, I had an interview/chat thing with Casey. He's one of the guys in charge at ILP, and he's the one in charge of finding head teachers. In case someone missed it, I applied to go back to China for spring semester of 2013. So I talked to him, and he gave me a packet thing to read about the responsibilities of a head teacher, then set up another appointment, which happened about two weeks ago.

During this interview thing, he talked to me about some concerns he has about me being a head teacher, and such. And then he told me that one of the girls at the office, Michelle, would be in touch with me to go over some documents, similar to when I first applied as a regular teacher. After waiting for her to get in touch with me, I decided to just go ahead and email her myself. In this email, I asked about going over the documents, and I also asked when I would know for sure if I'd been accepted to go back to China.

...

"As for when you will find out for sure, it's kind of up to Casey, but I'm guessing we'll know in around 2 months."

2 comments:

Berserk said...

Should be an interesting two months.

Samara said...

Ha. That is the truth.