May 15, 2012

That was dangerous...

But I got it! Danger pays.

So remember waitlisting? And how, if you're at the top of a waitlist and a spot opens up, you'll get an email and you have two days to respond and go register for your class. And if you don't register for it in time, you get kicked off the waitlist, and you have to re-waitlist or just give up on getting that particular class.

Well, I'm sitting here reading Well of Ascension, and I realize that I haven't checked my school email since Sunday (so it's been two days), and usually I don't worry so much about it, but I stopped reading right there, and I ran downstairs to open my computer and check. And I had an email! Sent Sunday after I checked my email last. It told me that a spot opened up in my ochem lab. I was right on the edge of being kicked off the list, so I went to register for it really quick.

But when I tried to register, a notification thing popped up and it's like, "Prereq/test score error," which means that there's some other class I have to take before or at the same time as this class. My guess (and this happened to me earlier, which is why I couldn't just sign up for this class in the first place and had to waitlist it at all), is that because I'm waitlisted for ochem lecture, and not actually signed up for it, my schedule is confused and won't let me take lab without lecture.

So I'm sitting here freaking out-- I'm so close to getting this class-- and I try signing up for another o chem lecture that I'll just drop once I get into my actual lecture. But then another notification pops up telling me I can't sign up for the same class twice in a semester. Rude. I try to submitting the registration of my lab like 5 times. Go figure, it still didn't work.

I did a quick google search and found the chem department's phone number and called the office. Classes are over, actually, so I wan't really sure that anyone would answer the phone, but someone did and I told her of my dilemma. And she got me put in the class anyway. :) :) :)

I'm so happy. I only have one class waitlisted now, and it shouldn't be a problem at all once a spot opens up there. Hooray! :D

3 comments:

Samara said...

Thanks :) Thankfully, o chem lecture just opened up, and it was infinitely easier to register for myself.

Susie said...

I bet there was a bit of adrenaline flowing for a few minutes there...

Love you!

Samara said...

Haha oh yes there was. But the happiness after I got in was worth it :)