May 23, 2012

Let's have a chase now, you and I.

So I've spent the last 10 days reading most of the Mistborn trilogy. I had actually read a couple of the first chapters in the couple months proceeding that, but mostly it was all crammed in just now.

It was incredible. My opinion is that everyone should go out and buy it and read it right now, regardless of whatever else you had planned to do with your life. There were so many parts that caught me off guard, and overall it was one of the best stories I've ever read in my life. It definitely had an unexpected ending. I didn't even know what to expect, yet somehow, while thinking that anything could happen, it caught me way off guard.

My only warning is that the first 5-6 chapters of Mistborn aren't captivating. They're still pretty good and interesting, but I didn't personally get sucked into it until after that. But then I was sucked in, 100%.

Mistborn, The Well of Ascension, and The Hero of Ages. By Brandon Sanderson. Check it out.


I was going to read The Way of the Kings next (on the recommend of the bookstore guy), also by Brandon Sanderson. But I think, before I move on to that, I'll read at least one of the five or so books I'm borrowing from Chaelomen. So Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman (short story collection), and then on to Way of the Kings. That one's a continuing series, so I'm kinda excited to get to it. Also kinda dreading it because it's the only book released out of ten... Yay being caught up in a book series!

No comments: