Feb 2, 2012

10 Things

So, MJ. Ten things you probably don't know about me... I think this will actually be pretty hard.

1- While I was in China, we ALWAYS had free time. We only worked for 3-4 hours a day, and then we were done. Yet somehow, we still couldn't make it through the day without a nap.
2- Now that I'm back home, I rarely have free time because I have so many credits [16] at school. But I wouldn't want to take less than what I have (or more-- already made that mistake). I'm a hardcore nerd. I love learning. One of my favorite classes this semester is physics. And even with that class, I desperately miss my chem classes.
3- I love foreign languages. And I'm pretty good at them. In high school, I took French, and now in college, I'm taking Chinese. I hope to learn Chinese a little better when I go back to China next year, then when I come home, I want to take ASL at Metro. And eventually, just so I can get better at French, I'd like to buy Rosetta Stone.
Oh yeah. This doesn't count as another number, but I think about half of you probably don't know. I'm going back to China next year, if I get accepted back into the program. I'll leave late Jan/early Feb, and come home the 3rd week of June. Chances are very good I won't be in the country when I turn 21. I find this totally acceptable.
4- Sometimes, I really miss having super short hair that I can spike, but I don't want to cut it, because I want long hair for my wedding. I don't even have a boyfriend, but I'm growing my hair out for my wedding. Haha. Yes, I know I'm ridiculous.
5- I don't watch movies, apparently. It never fails to surprise someone that I haven't seen Star Wars or Indiana Jones. Or Elf. My roommates tried to get me to watch Elf, but when they downloaded it, it was too jumpy to watch (I think it's a sign). But I'm not opposed to watching these movies, just no one has ever sat me down to watch them.
6- I never thought I was a "typical college student" food-wise. You know, always eating ramen and nutella and frozen pizza. I mean, I know how to cook. Grilled chicken, Chinese food, tacos. All the awesome stuff. It wasn't until mom and dad were at Disney World for a week when I realized, despite KNOWING how to cook, it was days before I ate anything that I couldn't cook in less than 2 minutes.
7- I really love learning. I think, after I graduate, I'd like to continue going to school forever. Just taking a couple classes a semester. Again, I know, I'm a nerd.
8- When I watch movies with my friends, we dig into them and pull out really philosophical meanings. I don't necessarily think the directors intended for us to do that, but it's what we do. (Come to find out, Moulin Rouge is very deep ha.)
9- It actually makes me really sad when I let someone over (while driving) and they don't wave at me. Such a simple gesture.
10- All this new technology really freaks me out. I don't like feeling like I have to have my phone on me all the time. Some of my friends literally can't have a conversation with me without checking their phone, and that makes me sad for them. I wish I wrote to people more often. It's so much more awesome than emailing. Facebook literally steals souls from people. Except I think "steal" is too harsh. I'm pretty sure the souls it has were willingly given up.
And despite not liking all these advances, I still do find them really convenient. But their convenience is such a trap! Can't we just be independent?
And there's my 10 things. I tag everyone who hasn't done it yet.

4 comments:

Susie said...

Can you remind me of the tag when I come home?

Love you!

Mom

Berserk said...

You haven't seen Star Wars and Indiana Jones?? :)

Moulin Rouge would be a very interesting movie to dissect.

Samara said...

I have not. I haven't actually seen any movies with Harrison Ford. :) I expect that to be remedied with Ender's Game.

Kylee said...

Hey, at least you have seen Bill and Ted. I think that makes up for all the other movies!