Sep 13, 2008

Don't get on the wrong bus.

Besides not ending up at the right school, if you get on the wrong bus at a football game, the people who are in charge of Pudre get very angry.

Yesterday we had our 2nd football game [which means we've lost two games, and I have all the cheerleader cheers stuck in my head] and it started raining. Now that's never stopped a performance as far as I know, unless you're in pit, because all the instruments need to be covered. What with them being not water proof.

Moments after it starts raining, Kelso comes over tells us all in the pit to go get our stadium jackets. Not to wear, but to put on the timpanies... timpanis... however you pluralize timpani and to also cover the mallet instruments. After that, he told us to all run to our trailer and get the blankets that actually go on and are made for the mallets. So we did. When we got back and covered everything, I looked over and a group of us are standing next to Kelso and some other guy, talking furiously.

Over I went to listen in. Apparently Anthony aka Asian [he thought of that name himself, btw. I'm not racist like that or anything] and Marcelo [our foreign exchange student] got on the wrong bus [and almost immediately got off] when they went to get their stadium jackets, and it wasn't even a Horizon bus. It was a Pudre bus. So this guy that Kelso was talking to is freaking out about how Asian and Marcelo are trying to steal stuff off the bus. Keslo- "I sent them to go get something and they got on the wrong bus because one of the buses we rode over got moved." Crazy-lifeless-bus-guy-- "I'm not buying that. The bus says PUDRE DISTRICT on the front and your trying to tell me that they didn't see that and just got on? I want the name and numbers of you and your boys' and your school so that if anything's missing, I know who to call." Kelso- "No, you know what? Why don't I have you come talk to our principal?" CLBG- "I'd like that very much." And off they went...

Too bad, because I wanted to hear the end of that. But after they left Marcelo says to us"I Brazilian! I don't read English well! I don't know!" and we all laugh and tell him he should have said that and that Asian should have done the same in his fake Vietnamese accent. Not that either of them were scared, CLBG is dumb and won't find anything missing. I hope he feels very silly after looking through all his stuff. Who wants Pudre football/ cheerleader stuff anyway?

In other non-band news, I am no longer in the Woodglen Ward. However that is a story for a different day, if anyone doesn't know the story.

6 comments:

Scooter said...

I really do think you should play up that being in the wrong ward thing... I think it's a good idea

Berserk said...

Your big(gest) bro doesn't know the story. He also doesn't know what a timpani is.

I've handled calls not too far from what CLBG was going on about. I'm always left going "Why don't you call back when you actually HAVE a problem?"

TheWizard said...

All I can say is if those BYU guys start calling you, the game is over. Well, unless they're about your age, that is...

Love you

Mom

Carolyn said...

I dont know the story, either. And like berserk, don't know what a timpani is, except that there's a part of the ear that's called that I think.

Anonymous said...

Yay for being in the BYU 218 ward! I'll let you know if you get visiting teachers or anything :)

Berserk said...

Oh yeah! Timpanic membrane! The eardrum.