Aug 9, 2008

CRAWLSPACE!!!

Some of the Utah people are in town... Carebear, Guildylocks, David... Carebear's baby. And Guildylocks' family came to visit overnight on the way to Utah.

So yesterday we were cleaning up really quick before they got here and Mom asked me to put the dish soap down in our laundry room. I go down there, reading a few texts and turn into the laundry room when next thing I know, the floor is a little farther away than I thought...

Apparently, not minutes before, Chaelomen took the trapdoor out from the floor leaving a big hole in the middle laundry room, something you'd think I'd notice. He was just upstairs talking about how hard it is to get out of the crawlspace sometimes.

Anyway, I'm standing there in the crawlspace laughing and Carebear and Guildylocks look over [and laughing too, of course] and then are quickly joined by Mom and Chaelomen, who helped me out after mocking me a bit. I put the dish soap away and walk out over more toward the living room to do something, I forget what. But I'm still laughing quite a bit and tears are streaming from my eyes, a little more than what I would have expected from laughing, but whatever. In retrospect, I'm thinking they were also tears of pain.

So I go upstairs to put things away and my side hurts so I check to see if I'm bleeding. Probably not, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. So I look and, what would you know, there's a scratch about 6 inches long that's bleeding. As I was going down to Mom's bathroom to clean it up or something I run into Carebear and say, "I'm bleeding." She looked at me and her eyes got kinda wide because I guess it was worse than she was expecting. So we go into the bathroom and Carebear calls Chaelomen in to see this pretty cut. After standing there slightly at shock, Carebear tells him not to tell Mom, b/c we don't need a ride to the hospital or anything. Then she calls her up. There wasn't much freaking out on Mom's part, it could have definitely been worse, and we decided that the cut wasn't deep enough for stitches, so Chaelomen went to get gauze and tape and came back and dressed it.

What a great story... the only question left is what did I cut myself on? Something sharp, but not enough to tear either of the shirts I was wearing...

There went my great intentions of showering...

By the way, I make this sound very dramatic, but it wasn't actually that bad. We were laughing through all of this, b/c it was ridiculous haha

5 comments:

TheWizard said...

Welcome to the club!

Carolyn said...

Yeah, Chaelomen. How many family members are you going to try to kill in the laundry room?

Scooter said...

your shirt probably came up when you fell so you cut your side, but not your shirt...

everyone- watch your backs... chaelomen is on the loose...

Berserk said...

Wow. I'm a little scared to come over again.

Scooter said...

as you should be...